I do better with my eating when I am prepped and ready. Because I confess I can get a little impatient once I’m ready to eat. I don’t necessarily want to wait while I chop the veggies. And let’s face it, it’s probably a little unwise to be rushed when dicing peppers. I like all my fingers, just saying. So I take an afternoon. I take a little time, maybe an hour or less. Depends on how much food I’ve got to get ready. I get home. Spread it on the counter. Launch an attack list. What do I want to get done?
- Cut up the cabbage, chard, collard greens, mustard greens, kale for chips. Toss it with oil, seasonings, and spinach and get them in the dehydrator-stat-to keep up with your Green veggie fixation
- Take that bone marrow, make the BEST freaking bone broth ever
- Cut the cauliflower in half. Make half into mashed cauliflower. Dehydrate the rest. Process and make some cauliflour (in blog development now)
- Take that beautiful grass-fed roast, get it in the slow cooker with those flavorful bone broth cubes you’ve got in the freezer. When it’s done, take a few moment to shred and store.
- Get the eggs out. You got three dozen. Boil a third of them. Boom and another on the go meal.
- Slice the jerky. Get it in a marinate, that way all you have to do is put it in the dehydrator tomorrow.
- Take those pasture-raised chicken legs and season them up. Get them in the oven. Cook them, so you can grab-and-eat.
- Broccoli. Mmm….doesn’t broccoli and bacon sound good for later this week? Go ahead, thinly slice the stocks. Cut the florets smaller and get them in a bag so you can just throw them in the skillet.
- Lastly get all the other vegetables cut, diced, and minced. Garlic? Check. Peppers? Done. Tomatoes? Been there, done that half an hour ago. Ooh, how about we take these and mix these with eggs for some Egg Muffins? Yep let’s bake up a dozen of these.
- Toss some salad mixes in big mason jars.
Ta Da! You are ready to rock a healthy week. I am ready to rock a healthy week. I don’t have to spend as much time thinking about food and what to eat. I can just DO IT. This is what helps me. How about you?