So today is a bit of a bonus blog to start/end (however you look at it) the week. Thursday I did a lovely little bit on why to work on your sleep habits.Yesterday I had a pretty rad conversation with one of my market friends about sleep, sleep routines, and patterns.
I mentioned to her that I read a piece by Gabby Bernstein about doing shoulder stands. A 15 minute shoulder stand could correlate to 2 hours of sleep? Pretty freaking cool right? Now I wouldn’t use it in place of actually sleep every night, but if you skimp a few hours one night, what is 15 minutes on your shoulders?
While searching for a pic of shoulder stands (props to Yogabycandace.com for this pic on doing it correctly), I found some other benefits associated with shoulder stands:
- It is a complete movements, that’s right, your whole body can feel the benefits
- balances hormones
- Heart health. While you’re up it takes some of the strain off the heart. Helping with the blood flow in that region. They say as a result, those with asthma and bronchitis may experience some relief.
- Relieves and feels good on your nerves. Chill out pose
- 5th chakra work (creativity and such). A few weeks ago we talked meditation and chakras, doing some shoulder stands can help open up that 5th chakra
- Better complexion, help out with wrinkles because of the increased blood flow to the face
There you go, get out and do some yoga today! I intend to head outside for some yoga in the park 🙂