I have been on a bit of an omelette kick lately. Notably on Sunday’s. Sunday’s are my favorite day of the week. It is my one full day off and also my boyfriend’s. I think of that song, “What I Love about Sunday’s.” I also think about Gabby Bernstein’s book encouraging us to promote what we love, rather than bash what we hate. So here is what I love about Sunday’s!!
- Church on Sunday’s. Dropping the dog’s off at Sharon’s and walking to church, sipping our coffee. Getting to meet and make new friends there. Church itself. Worship. And sermon. Taking time each week to slow down and reconnect and be present. I dig it. I need it. And then we have our walk home to discuss church.
- After church Zach’s beautiful mother Sharon either cooks us lunch or she treats us to lunch (I am truly blessed to have such rad, loving people in my life).Cue in my new obsession with selecting omelette’s. When the weather is nice we do yard work and garden.
- Hanging with Zach’s sister Mary and the pack of dogs (Jelly Bean, Kush, and Copper). Taking them for walks (sometimes in the rain) or snuggling up with them for a nice afternoon nap
- NAPS. Sunday’s naps are readily becoming our new thing and I love them, especially on rainy, stormy Spring days
- Movies. We love a movie. And we will rack our brains for childhood classics that we ‘have’ to find again. This last week, for instance, I spent Saturday with my best friend determined to find Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II Secret of the Ooze and the week before it was Ace Ventura
- Visiting friends. Chatting. Laughing (a lot). Deep conversations. One never really knows what we’ll talk about.
- Card games
- Fire pits with my parents.