Happy Wednesday All! Monday I posted a recipe for dairy-free chocolate ice cream. Now I am sharing the rest of the stuff. I chose to sandwich the ice cream between two mini pies. Something that has been on my list for about 2 years now. I had to find the right time. Really I think I had to wait for the opportunity to use an actual ice cream maker.
The biggest challenge, actually, was deciding what flavor to make, because I had soooooooooooooo many ideas:
- Raspberry pies with Chocolate Ice Cream
- Blueberry with a Lemon Curd Swirl Ice Cream
- Rhubarb with Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry with White Chocolate Ice Cream
- Strawberry with Banana Ice Cream
- Almond Butter/Chocolate with Banana Ice Cream, rolled in Candied Bacon
- Cinnamon Chocolate with Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream
- Chocolate Matcha with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Peach with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cherry pies with Chocolate Ice Cream
- Key Lime with Vanilla Ice Cream, Rolled in Graham Cracker Crumbles
- Lemon with Vanilla Ice Cream & a Toasted Meringue siding
- Jelly Filled with Almond Butter (or Cashew Butter) Ice Cream
- German Chocolate Pies with Caramel +Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
- Chocolate Espresso pies with Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Pineapple pies with Mango Ice Cream, rolled in Toasted Coconut
- Apple with Salted Caramel Ice Cream
……………………….and I could keep going.
See how my brain works? Sometimes I suffer with too much creativity and too many ideas. Which is not a bad thing. I am very thankful and blessed to have so much creativity.
When I have to make a choice of what to make it can be a tiny bit overwhelming picking which idea to run with.
So I went into the store not anticipating that I was even going to attempt this recipe. Blackberry were on sale. WINNER. I selected them and ran with it as the pie inspiration. Chocolate seemed to be the natural pairing to me. Granted I did contemplate a Honey Lavender Ice Cream (maybe later). Continue reading “Gluten-Free Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches”